My plans to retrace Captain Cook's unfinished voyage have been postponed a year while I work on the next Marine Diesel Basics book and get my new boat SV Oceandrifter ready for sea.
British journalist Robert Fisk has spent his professional life reporting from the Middle East for The Independent newspaper in London. He has broken many scoops and written many stories exposing the lies and hypocrisy of governments in the region and colonial powers such as the United States, the United Kingdom and France.
He’s continuing to do the same now as the West intensifies its campaign to demonize the Iranian regime and prepare us for yet another war (if the current internal Western and Israeli attempts at internal regime collapse fail). We are currently being told Iran has a nuclear weapons program that targets Israel, Europe and America.
In a recent article (read the full article) in The Independent, Robert Risk points out that we have heard all this propaganda before:
1) Shimon Peres, the then Israeli Prime Minister, warned Iran was on the cusp of producing nuclear weapons in 1996. That was 16 years ago.
2) Benjamin Netanyahu, the current Israeli prime minister, said in 1992 that Iran would have a nuclear bomb by 1999. That would be 13 years ago.
3) The CIA-appointed Shah instigated a nuclear weapons program – and no-one objected. The German company Siemens built the Bushehr nuclear facility.
4) When Ayatollah Khomeini, Scourge of the West, Apostle of Shia Revolution, took over Iran in 1979, he ordered the entire nuclear project to be closed down because it was “the work of the Devil”.
5) Only when the West’s man Saddam invaded Iran and started using poison gas against the Iranians (chemical components arriving from the West) was Khomeini persuaded to reopen it.
6) Israel’s own nuclear warheads – all too real and now numbering almost 300 – have disappeared from the nuclear story.