My plans to retrace Captain Cook's unfinished voyage have been postponed a year while I work on the next Marine Diesel Basics book and get my new boat SV Oceandrifter ready for sea.
Dennison’s Christmas To-Do List
1) Give or do something unexpected for a total stranger.
2) Just for the holidays, don’t speak a negative word about anyone or anything.
3) Be truly grateful for what you have – however little, millions of others have even less.
5) If you’re going to kill a turkey, relish eating it – don’t let the animal’s death be in vain.
6) Give yourself a gift. It could be the most precious gift of all – TIME.
7) Get a head start on 2010 – adopt one New Year’s Resolution on Christmas Eve.
8) Throw out two items for every new one that comes into your life during the holidays.
9) It’s okay not to gave someone a gift on Christmas morning if they know you love them 365 days a year.
10) Turn off the TV and the computer – for one whole day.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.